When There's No L in LBO. Ted's blog disccuses the changing nature of private equity transactions.
Private Equity Deals Rolls On. Our new podcast released episodes 3 and 4 this month, featuring deals from Stone Point Capital and Berkshire Partners.
|Premium Teaser. Each week, our premium members get updates on past guests making waves. Among the highlights this month included:
· Shundrawn Thomas - launching an impact investing fund
· Steve Kuhn - adding LeBron James and Tom Brady to the ownership group of Major League Pickleball
· Lauren Taylor Wolfe - taking it up a notch at the Robin Hood Investors Conference
· Jennifer Prosek, Todd Boehly, Jeff Solomon, and David Druley - named by WSJ among the most influential decision makers in business
· Collette Chilton, Meredith Jenkins, and Sarah Samuels - winning Allocator Prize awards at the inaugural With Intelligence event.
Join our premium membership to stay apprised of guests on the show!
1. Alignment of Interest on Valuations. Boaz Weinstein from hedge fund Saba Capital tweeted a novel and clever proposal: "It would be interesting if LPs in funds had a one-time right to sell 5% of their interest to the GP at the valuation provided. Private valuations might be a bit different!" The comments are worth a read.
2. Ravi Gupta, 'Play for the Front of the Jersey.' The Sequoia partner discusses the importance of putting the team in front of the individual in making a winning recipe.
3. Hedge Fund Flows, Omar Kodmani. A clear, comprehensive look at fund flows in hedge fund strategies from a long-time industry vet.
4. Rekindling a Relationship That Has Gone Cold, Admired Leadership. We all have relationships worth rekindling. In this Field Note, Randall Stutman and his team give some tips to get started.
EP. 273: Annie Duke - Former professional poker player, decision-making expert, best-selling author, and repeat guest discusses her new book, Quit.
EP. 274: Andy Acker - Portfolio Manager at Janus Henderson, Andy discusses an empty room: investing in biotech.
EP. 275: Louis-Vincent Gave - The Founding Partner and CEO of GaveKal discusses the case for emerging markets.
EP. 276: Reade Griffith - Co-Founder and CIO of Tetragon discusses managing assets and partnerships.
EP. 277: Jon Ballis - Chairman of the Executive Committee at Kirkland & Ellis, Jon discusses being in the room where private equity happens.
EP. 278: Michael Rees - Co-President of public company Blue Owl (OWL) discusses the ins and outs of owning a piece of large-scale GPs.
EP. 38: Jack Sommers - The Co-Founder and Executive Chair at Income Research and Management discusses core fixed-income investing.
EP. 03: Jarryd Levine - Managing Director at Stone Point Capital, Jarryd discusses the value in industry specialization at Bullhorn.
EP. 04: Kevin Callaghan and Larry Hamelsky - Managing Directors at Berkshire Partners, Kevin and Larry discuss culture and compounding at Parts Town.
Janus Henderson Investors. This month from Janus Henderson's institutional blog, recent Capital Allocators Guest, Andy Acker, discusses factors that could reignite investor enthusiasm around the biotech sector.
|Stream by AlphaSense. Stream is the fastest-growing expert call transcript library powered by industry-leading AI search technology. Get to the right insights, the fastest.
· Broad, fresh insights - 20k+ total transcripts covering all sectors, 2k added per month, active expert recruitment
· The right insights - interviews conducted by buy-side analysts, AI search technology surfaces exactly what you want
Competitive strengths - expert quality, interviewer quality, AI search technology, platform speed, fast turnaround for custom calls
Titan. Titan offers transparent portfolios of managed stocks, crypto, real estate, private credit, and venture capital in one simple platform. They are partnering with ARK Ventures, one of the first Venture Capital funds accessible to accredited and non-accredited investors, and is found exclusively on the Titan investing app.
Visible Alpha. Visible Alpha created a platform to analyze consensus data and financial metrics on over 6,500 publicly traded companies. Rather than having to dig through models one by one, Visible Alpha extracts data from every line item across sell-side models so you can better understand expectations on metrics beyond just revenue and earnings. Institutional investors are invited to try Visible Alpha for free.
Prosek Partners. As investors navigate the virtual and hybrid fund-raising landscape, a manager's brand and reputation have come into sharper focus. Prosek Partners' CEO Jen Prosek offers advice to achieve success.